Information for Parents
We pride ourselves on creating a happy environment where pupils can thrive and flourish. We understand that above all, well-being is a prerequisite of academic excellence. The emphasis we place on pastoral care, student welfare and the value of our parents is integral to who we are.
Please find our useful numbers for the School.
We have a very active BGS Parents Association (BGSPA)
Parent Info provides high quality information to parents and carers about their children’s well-being and resilience. It starts from the assumption that young people make little distinction between their online and offline lives and the issues for parents are often the same. The aim is to help parents help their children be discriminating, web-literate and resilient.
The information available ranges across a wide range of subject matter, from difficult topics about sex, relationships, the internet, or body image and peer pressure to broader parenting topics like, ‘How much sleep do teenagers need?’ Parent Info is a collaboration between the child protection command of the National Crime Agency (CEOP) and Parent Zone that has a track record of providing information, support and advice to parents. It is focused on the impact of digital technologies on families.
You’ll find free articles via the feed to the right of this page with expert information to help children and young people stay safe online.
Read the the Senior School Inspection Report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate
Read the Junior School Inspection Report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate
Useful information for parents
- What parents need to know about the online blackmail known as ‘sextortion’
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- Low mood: a guide for parents
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- How to talk to your child about gender stereotypes
- A fun tool to help your child solve online safety dilemmas
- Why summer shouldn’t be a time for body image worries
- When should technology be used during exam season?
- How exercise can help raise your child’s self-esteem
Meet the Pastoral team