Information for Parents
We pride ourselves on creating a happy environment where pupils can thrive and flourish. We understand that above all, well-being is a prerequisite of academic excellence. The emphasis we place on pastoral care, student welfare and the value of our parents is integral to who we are.
Please find our useful numbers for the School.
We have a very active BGS Parents Association (BGSPA)
Parent Info provides high quality information to parents and carers about their children’s well-being and resilience. It starts from the assumption that young people make little distinction between their online and offline lives and the issues for parents are often the same. The aim is to help parents help their children be discriminating, web-literate and resilient.
The information available ranges across a wide range of subject matter, from difficult topics about sex, relationships, the internet, or body image and peer pressure to broader parenting topics like, ‘How much sleep do teenagers need?’ Parent Info is a collaboration between the child protection command of the National Crime Agency (CEOP) and Parent Zone that has a track record of providing information, support and advice to parents. It is focused on the impact of digital technologies on families.
You’ll find free articles via the feed to the right of this page with expert information to help children and young people stay safe online.
Read the the Senior School Inspection Report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate
Read the Junior School Inspection Report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate
Useful information for parents
- Family dynamics and your child’s self-esteem
- Starting conversations with your child about positive body image
- Body image and the media
- VPNs: What are Virtual Private Networks?
- Supporting teenagers through relationships
- How can the digital world help young people with epilepsy?
- Helping your child cope with panic attacks
- The power of your words: parents’ effect on children’s body image
- Encourage your child’s individuality
- Celebrating your child’s inner beauty
Meet the Pastoral team