Useful Links for Parents
This page provides information helpful to BGS parents.
Parent Zone provides high quality information to parents and carers about their children’s wellbeing and resilience. It starts from the assumption that young people make little distinction between their online and offline lives and the issues for parents are often the same. The aim is to help parents help their children be discriminating, web-literate and resilient.
The information available covers a wide range of subject matter, from difficult topics about sex, relationships, the internet, body image and peer pressure to broader parenting topics like ‘How much sleep do teenagers need?’ Parent Info is a collaboration between the child protection command of the National Crime Agency (CEOP) and Parent Zone that has a track record of providing information, support and advice to parents and is focused on the impact of digital technologies on families.
Mental health resources for parents and young people
We have a number of dedicated resources in support of well-being and mental health at BGS.
- Visit ‘Spotlight on happiness’: An online public resource dedicated to the importance of happiness and well-being at BGS told through the voices of parents, pupils, teachers and staff
- Read about our School Counsellor Jo Rutter and how you can get in touch
- Read about our Sixth Form Mentors and their role in School
- Read our ‘Well-being and mental health’ booklet
- Read our Junior ‘Information for Parents‘ booklet
- Read our ‘Pastoral care information’ booklet
- Visit our ‘Community commitment’ page where you will find a full list of our mental health partnerships and charities with direct links to websites and useful resources
- Weekly School menu
- Examination Results GCSE and A Level 2017 booklet
- Collaborating with ‘The Mental Health Foundation’, ‘Tutora’ has published a University Applications Guide aimed at helping all of these students, and ultimately allowing them to focus on what matters most – learning during such a critical school year and maintaining good mental health
Useful Information for Parents
- Body image and self-esteem tips for children and young people
- The 6 apps and services that every parent should know about
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
- Understanding and supporting anxiety in your child
- Your child’s digital footprint
- Download a FREE parent guide to boosting children's self-esteem
- Download a FREE parent guide to boosting children’s self-esteem
- Safer Internet Day 2017: a parent's guide
- The 5 digital parenting rules that REALLY matter
- What does Ofcom do to protect your child?